Polish National Alliance Lodge 156
The oldest club in Washington State incorporated in 1890 serving Washington State
Information: James or Jean Hicker (253) 8394529
Membership Information: Anne Marie Hicker (253)8394529
Noel Koss (425) 4151000
Glenn Stocker (509) 6975022 E. Wash.
Washington State PNA History
Polish National Alliance Lodge 156 was the first PNA lodge incorporated in Washington State in 1890. Other PNA lodges were established over the next 30 years around various job opportunities such as the coal mines in Cle Elum, Roslyn ,Wilkerson (Black Diamond) Enumclaw and lumber towns such as Pe Ell and Raymond. Big sawmill towns such as Aberdeen and Tacoma (30 sawmills) also had large active lodges.
This early network of Polish immigrants had the vision and dedication to build up the Polish community, Sts. Peter and Paul Parish, the Polish Hall in Aberdeen, Holy Cross Polish National Church, the Polish Hall in Pe Ell, Sts Peter and Pauls Parish and Polish Hall in Tacoma and the Polish Hall (Dom Polski) in Seattle can all trace their roots to these early PNA lodges.
Today the PNA Lodge 156 is the largest remaining lodge (200 adults and 35 children), founded in Tacoma but is now centerd in Seattle and serving all of the Washington State. The lodge is made up of second and third generation Polish Americans, Polish immigrants and others dedicated to preserving and promoting Polish culture and affairs. We donate time and resources to help the Polish Home Foundation, Polish folk dancing, Polish film festivals, Polish music and college scholarships to mention a few.